The VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy is a technical level qualification aimed at developing the knowledge, understanding and technical skills needed for a career as a Sports Massage Therapist, either employed or self-employed. This qualification has been specifically designed for the 16-19 and 19 plus age group and is based on the national occupational standards for massage, namely CNH1, CNH7 and CNH20.
This qualification was developed collaboratively with the following organisations; Active IQ, Central YMCA Qualifications, CIBTAC, ITEC and VTCT with input from the industry through the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC) and the General Council for Massage Therapies (GCMT).
The content of this qualification is comprised of all the required elements needed to work effectively and efficiently as a sports massage therapist. This includes anatomy and physiology, professional practice, an understanding of the principles of health and fitness and how to provide sports massage treatments. The level 3 sports massage therapist will be able to work safely and effectively on dysfunctional tissue in a range of context, to include, pre-event, post event, intra-event and for maintenance purposes.
The structure of the qualification is comprised of 5 units which are all mandatory.
– Anatomy and physiology for sports massage – USP41 – Unit ref: J/506/7220
– Principles of health and fitness – USP42 – Unit ref: R/506/7222
– Understand the principles of soft tissue dysfunction – USP43 – Unit ref: Y/506/7223
– Professional practice in sports massage – USP44 – Unit ref: D/506/7224
– Sports massage treatments – USP45 – Unit ref: T/506/7228
What could this qualification lead to?
Learners who complete this qualification will be able to gain employment and obtain insurance to work as a sports massage therapist.
– VTCT Level 4 Certificate in Sports massage therapy
– VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training (Gym-based exercise)
Dates and Locations
Time and Dates
Start Date: 24.09.2023
End Date: 10.12.2023
Beauty St Helen's
Kneads Training Academy
313 Clipsley lane
"*" indicates required fields